Thursday, December 31, 2015

Adios 2015

I don't know what to feel about this coming year. I was so optimistic about 2015, and it certainly didn't work out the way I had planned or hoped. Maybe, if I look forward with no expectations, it'll be good? Ultimately, tomorrow will be what it is regardless of my plans.

No idea what I am doing. I'm not gonna bother with resolutions when I'm still figuring out what the new normal is.

I guess what I can say is this; another year under the belt, for what it was worth. Hopefully most of us managed to make this world a better place for at least one person.

It certainly wasn't all bad. As years go. Lots of bad to be found, sure, but plenty of goodness too.

Lost some people. Good people that will certainly be missed. No amount of time makes that easier. But also had some new people arrive. I got to know and come to truly love and appreciate some really amazing people.

I learned that I am loved and cared for than I could have fathomed. I also learned that not everyone I had thought was in that "loved and cared" for me in the past group was sincere. Live and learn.

I spent some way overdue time with my family. It's nice to know where your crazy comes from.

Saw WAY more of the inside of hospitals and doctors offices than I wanted. Still, I am grateful to have the ability to go get treated.

So I guess if I had to sum it up, 2015 is done and we can't change that. 2016 is coming and we can't stop it.

The only control we have is over our own hearts and minds. May we love, help, build up others, and for the sake of all things holy and unholy, be rational and avoid giving in to fear or ignorance. Look for the good and if you can't find it, be the good.

When you can't fight the tides in your life anymore, breathe and float with the current a little while. See where it takes you. It's OK to concentrate on just keeping your head above the water when you need to. We can't always be at the helm. (And other ship metaphors)

And above all else. LAUGH. You have to. Not a single one of us can add a millisecond to our lives by taking everything so seriously. Laugh your ass off in the face of everything that is scary or sad or aggravates you. You may look crazy, but you'll be laughing. And that means you win.

No comments:

Post a Comment